One of my all time favorite salads is Chinese Chicken Salads. There is something about the crunchy vegetables, the sweet mandarin oranges and the tangy Asian dressing that just gets me sooooo excited. But, even though it is a salad, a traditional Chinese Chicken Salad is actually pretty high in calories. My lighter version makes a few healthier changes to deliver a 5 Points + salad that tastes fantastic! The cabbage and toasted almond slices give it that perfect crunch, and the juicy mandarins add a delightfully sweet, yet tart, flavor. The light dressing still packs a ton of flavor, but also saves a lot of fat and calories. Pair my Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken Salad with your favorite soup for a complete meal that won’t break the Points Plus bank. Enjoy!
Chinese Chicken Salad
Fresh, crunchy and delicious, this Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe is a major bargain at just 5 Points + per serving. It makes an excellent meal when paired with some soup.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded or julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup light Asian style dressing (I used Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Vinaigrette)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except almond slices, mandarin oranges, and sesame seeds. Toss well.
- Divide equally into 8 serving bowls or plates. Top each serving equally with oranges, almond slices, and sesame seeds, and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 199 calories; 6g fat; 21g carbohydrates; 15g protein; 3.5g fiber