Since the Fourth of July is coming up in just a few days, and just about everyone I know will be going to some kind of cookout, barbecue or picnic. I thought I’d share a few awesome, healthy, low calorie recipes that are easy to make and perfect for that 4th of July BBQ!
So I’ve decided to devote this week’s posts entirely to yummy, yet low in Points, Fourth of July barbecue recipes! If you are looking for healthy barbecue foods to take to your holiday celebration, you’ve come to the right place.
Make sure to stop back every day this week and check out my other Weight Watchers Fourth of July Recipes!
CAJUN CHICKEN WRAP RECIPE
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, (cut into strips)
- 4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cup mixed baby greens
- 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 8 medium basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning, paprika and flour. Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat with seasoning mixture.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add chicken to pan and sauté until cooked through (approximately about 1 to 2 minutes per side). Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning for the dressing.
- On each tortilla, spread about 1/2 tbsp dressing, add greens, onion slices, two basil leaves and some slices of tomatoes. Top with chicken pieces and wrap.