Inspired by one of my favorite French recipes, I created this incredibly delicious Lavender Chicken Recipe with Asparagus.
It’s so fresh and light and makes the perfect summer or spring dinner idea. The delicate lavender flavor is absolutely divine and perfectly balanced. I also love the idea of using this as an Easter brunch or dinner recipe since the beautiful lavender flowers make it as aesthetically pleasing, as it does tasty.
It’s a surprisingly easy chicken recipe that has just 4 Points per serving, making it a great Weight Watchers meal idea. The only key to this recipe is getting your hands on some lavender cooking oil and lavender flower herbs. I actually used a lavender-infused truffle oil from Uncle Berch (maker of the AMAZING Chipotle Pepper Jam<) the first time I made this, but a lavender infused olive oil works just as well and is easier to find. You can buy it online, at a Sur La Table, or at Williams Sonoma.
As for the lavender flower herbs, you can also buy these online or in a local gourmet culinary store. I found some at Whole Foods and Henry’s Market.
This is truly an amazing and unique chicken recipe that not only is fantastic but a great way to keep you on track with your Weight Watchers plan and add a little variety and French flair to your plate.
Lavender Chicken Recipe with Asparagus
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of asparagus - cleaned and trimmed
- 1 white onion - chopped
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp lavender infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp lavender flower herbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat lavender oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken over medium-high heat until browned on the outside, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan using tongs, and add in garlic and onions. Cook until onion softens and starts to become translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in broth, asparagus, and chicken and cook until asparagus becomes tender but still crisp and until chicken is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes). Add in additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide evenly amongst 4 plates and sprinkle with parsley and lavender flower herbs. Serve immediately.
Looks great! I love lavender flavor. Ive never heard of lavender infused OO… where can I find that?
I mentioned in the text where you can buy it, and there’s a link in that recipe post…just click on it. It’s sooooo yummy!!
What is the tapioca looking stuff under the chicken & aspargus?
I served it over a bed of quinoa…that’s the stuff you are seeing underneath.