Inspired by one of my favorite French recipes, I created this incredibly delicious Lavender Chicken Recipe with Asparagus.
It’s so fresh and light, and makes the perfect summer or spring dinner idea. The delicate lavender flavor is absolutely divine and is perfectly balanced. I also love the idea of using this as an Easter brunch or dinner recipe since the beautiful lavender flowers make it as aesthetically pleasing, as it does tasty.
It’s a surprisingly easy chicken recipe that has just 4 Points per serving, making it a great Weight Watchers meal idea. The only key to this recipe is getting your hands on some lavender cooking oil and lavender flower herbs. I actually used a lavender infused truffle oil from Uncle Berch (maker of the AMAZING Chipotle Pepper Jam) the first time I made this, but a lavender infused olive oil works just as well, and is easier to find. You can buy it online, at a Sur La Table, or Williams Sonoma.
As for the lavender flower herbs, you can also buy these online or in a local gourmet culinary store. I found some at Whole Foods and Henry’s Market.
This is truly an amazing and unique chicken recipe that not only is fantastic, but a great way to keep you on track with your Weight Watchers plan and add a little variety and French flair to your plate.
Lavender Chicken Recipe with Asparagus
Fresh and light, this surprisingly easy Lavender Chicken Recipe with Asparagus is not only a wonderfully delicious low calorie dinner idea, but the essence of lavender makes it a perfect Weight Watchers Easter Recipe too.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lavender infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp lavender flower herbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat lavender oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken over medium high heat until browned on outside, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan using tongs, and add in garlic and onions. Cook until onion softens and starts to become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in broth, asparagus and chicken and cook until asparagus becomes tender, but still crisp and until chicken is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes). Add in additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide evenly amongst 4 plates and sprinkle with parsley and lavender flower herbs. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 156 calories; 6g fat; 4g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 3g fiber