If you love Mardi Gras recipes as much as I do, you’ll love this Weight Watchers Chicken Jambalaya Recipe! It’s the perfect meal to serve at any Mardi Gras feast, and it has just 7 Weight Watchers Points per serving, so you can enjoy yourself, while still staying on track with your weight loss plan. This a super easy recipe to make, and it still has all the flair of the traditional jambalaya recipe – just less fat and calories, making it lower in Weight Watcher Points. Packed with fiber and protein, this favorite New Orleans Recipe will fill you up without filling you with guilt. Give it a try and enjoy!
Weight Watchers Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 spray non fat cooking spray
- 2 1/2 oz raw turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery, stalk, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium chicken breast, cooked, skinless, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 28 oz canned tomatoes, whole, plum, peeled with juice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, long-grain
Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté sausage until crispy on edges. Add onion, celery and green pepper; sauté until tender.
Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté until garlic is fragrant.
Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth and rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Flavor Booster: Popcorn rice, a specialty of Louisiana, is a delicious substitute for long-grain rice. The rice, which has a mild nutty taste like basmati rice, is available through gourmet food stores and Internet specialty shops
Serving size is 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 7 Weight Watchers Points