This low fat Chicken Sandwich recipe made with roasted red peppers and goat cheese is such an easy and delicious Weight Watchers lunch idea. I often save a few grilled or roasted chicken breasts from a previous dish I prepared, so I can have one ready to go when I’m making this sandwich. But you can also prepare the chicken from scratch if you like, or even use store bought rotisserie chicken. The sweetness of the roasted peppers make a wonderful combination with the tart goat cheese, and the onions and spinach give the sandwich some extra crunch. This is truly a delicious and satisfying sandwich recipe. Each sandwich is 8 Points +, which is great for 4oz of chicken 1oz of cheese and a whole roll. Pair this with a low calorie salad or soup recipe for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwich
This easy, yet gourmet chicken sandwich, is a great Weight Watchers lunch recipe idea. Topped with goat cheese and roasted red bell pepper, the flavor combination is outstanding. And each satisfying sandwich is just 8 Points +.
- 1lb cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into 4 fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, de-skinned and sliced into 4 equal parts
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 4 oz goat cheese, at room temp
- 4 low calorie/high fiber sandwich rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Mini Ciabatta Rolls)
- Toast rolls in oven or toaster oven until crisp and until edges begin to brown.
- Spread 1oz goat cheese onto each roll.
- Assemble sandwich with chicken, roasted red pepper, onion, and fresh spinach.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 8 Points +
PER SERVING: 335 calories; 7.5g fat; 29g carbohydrates; protein protein