The time to make that yummy Thanksgiving feast, and I’m SO excited!!! Sweet potatoes or candied yams are one of my absolute FAVORITE Thanksgiving recipes.
But this dish is usually LOADED with fat and calories, so I try to avoid it at all costs. However, after denying myself this tasty dish for so long, I became determined to find a way to make a healthy, low calorie version of it. And after many, many attempts, I finally found a truly unique Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Recipe for sweet potato pie that will please your eager taste buds, and has just 4 Points per serving!!
This sweet potato recipe is so amazingly delicious that you’ll be incredibly surprised that it’s not only super low calorie, but that it’s incredibly good for you too, and loaded with fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Good Weight Watchers Thanksgiving recipes are hard to find, so don’t let this one go un-tasted!! Seriously — you MUST try it!
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 4 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly equal sized pieces
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp of light butter
- 3 packets of Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prep the sweet potatoes and transfer to a large pot, add water to barely cover.
- Cover and bring to a boil, let cook until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- When the potatoes are nearly cooked, puree the banana in a food processor.
- Add the hot sweet potatoes, butter, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg, and Splenda packets. Mash together until well blended.
- Transfer to a pie dish lightly sprayed with a non-fat cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for about 15 – 20 minutes or until heated well through.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 15 min.
- For the topping, start by beating liquid egg whites, vanilla extract and sugar to a soft peak.
- Then, in a separate bowl mix Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme with 1 part of the soft peaked egg white mixture with a wire whisk, until well blended and marshmallow creme has softened up.
- Then, beat remaining egg white mixture to a stiff peak and SLOWLY fold into marshmallow mixture in 2 parts.
- Once everything has been folded into one meringue looking batch, evenly spread onto top of the pie, creating small peaks and mounds for an aesthetic look.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 min or until marshmallow/egg white layer turns a soft golden brown.
- Serve fresh from the oven. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points