This Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe puts a new twist on a favorite Italian dish. Traditional lasagna recipes can be a weighty issue – loaded with fat and calories. But this Weight Watchers Recipe offers a healthier, new version that tastes fantastic but has a lot less calories and fat and has just 5 Weight Watchers Points per serving. Plus, the vegetables provide tons of fiber and antioxidants, and help keep the Points value low, while still making the serving a good sized portion. If you want to try a healthy lasagna recipe that is so yummy, the whole family will enjoy it, then this Weight Watchers Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe is the one to try!
Weight Watchers Lasagna Recipe
– 3 medium raw eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
– 3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
– 4 small tomatoes, plum, seeded and chopped
– 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
– 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
– 9 servings dry lasagna noodles, 9 noodles, cooked and drained
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.
Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Serving size is 1 piece (1/6th of recipe)
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points