A friend of mine came across this delicious Broiled Tilapia Recipe last week, and posted it on Facebook. It looked so good, but I decided to re-vamp it and make it less Weight Watchers Points, but with more of the Parmesan cream sauce. Mission accomplished. That was one tasty, light broiled tilapia recipe! I was truly surprised at how good it turned out, and how much of the cream sauce I was able to get in each serving. At just 6 Points for a very nicely sized piece of fish smothered in a delicious Parmesan cheese sauce, it’s a great bargain. I’ll definitely be making this again soon.
Broiled Tilapia Recipe with Parmesan Cream Sauce
Creamy, cheesy, and just 6 Points, this low calorie Broiled Tilapia Recipe with Parmesan Cream Sauce is a real dinner delight. It’s an easy dinner recipe that can be prepared in a pinch, and will be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (4, 4oz fillets)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Brummel & Brown butter
- 1/2 cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, Greek yogurt, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan, and rub and juice the 1/2 lemon over the fish fillets before you broil them. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 3 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over-cook the fish.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is ¼ of entire dish
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 7g fat; 3g carbohydrates; 37g protein; 0g fiber