Who doesn’t love a relaxed evening with a home made pizza and a movie? Sometimes it’s nice to have a different flavor of pizza. This delicious pizza is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. It goes great with a simple side salad. I make my own gluten free pizza crust, but any crust will work for this one. If you make your own crust, make a double batch. That way you can use one and freeze one for an easy meal later. Wrap the crust in two layers of plastic wrap and one layer of aluminum foil, and it’ll stay fresh for a couple of months in the freezer – that is, if it lasts that long. Don’t be afraid of the cream sauce, it’s very simple to make. Just remember to keep whisking, even if you don’t think it’s working. The flour will clump up once you put the milk in, but if you just keep whisking, a scrumptious creamy garlic sauce will suddenly appear.
This delicious pizza is topped with a creamy garlic sauce, chicken, tomatoes and green onions. It’s beautiful and tasty.
- 1 pizza crust, prepared
- 1 cup garlic cream sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cu parmesan cheese
- Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup skim milk
- If the pizza crust is not already partially baked and ready to put toppings on, cook it now.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1 minute.
- Whisk the the flour into the butter and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Spread the garlic sauce evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the chicken, tomatoes and green onions.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 1 piece.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 270 calories; 6g fat; 2.3g saturated fat; 35g carbohydrates; 1.7g sugar; 17g protein; 1g fiber