Chicken Fried Rice is so delish, no matter where you have it. But it’s usually pretty greasy and carbohydrate heavy, and could end up costing you a lot of Weight Watcher Points. But this super awesome, low calorie Chicken Fried Rice Recipe not only boasts just 4 Weight Watchers Points per serving, but it tastes DELICIOUS!! Better than some of the fast food fried rice I’ve had! Plus, it’s so fast and easy to make, so if you need a quick side dish recipe to have on the table in minutes, this dish will work great! You can make it as is, or toss in any leftover vegetables you have on hand and bulk it up without adding any extra Points. The next time you are preparing a Chinese food dinner designed with Weight Watchers Recipes in mind, this healthy fried rice recipe will make a perfect addition. It’s loaded with fiber and vitamins, so not only will it keep you from using up all your Points, it’s actually quite good for you too!
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
A tasty and healthy knockoff of the Chinese fast food version, this amazing Chicken Fried Recipe has just 4 Points per serving.
- 8oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped, green and white parts
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat.
- Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sesame oil into pan and place back over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots and peas; saute until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 3/4 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 150 calories; 3g fat; 18g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 3g fiber