Chicken is one of my favorite meats. It’s such a great source of lean protein and it goes so well in so many different dishes. The downside is that I tend to get stuck in a little rut and fix the same things over and over again. It’s hard to get out of that and try new things. But this Lemon Glazed Greek Chicken sounded great. It’s a combination of several different recipes, since many of the Greek chicken recipes I’ve seen use a lot of olive oil. This one is more tzatziki chicken, with a yogurt based marinade. Lots of garlic and lots of lemon with those classic Greek spices, and you’ve got a delicious chicken in no time. You can use any cut of chicken you like for this, but I’d recommend removing the skin first, since the marinade will be able to soak in much better. It’s delicious with a side of roasted baby potatoes and a side salad with some grilled asparagus.
Lemon Glazed Greek Chicken
Tender and juicy chicken with a Greek inspired yogurt marinade. Grill it or bake it and serve with a side of roasted potatoes and vegetables to create a delicious meal.
- Place the chicken in a ziploc bag.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Place the yogurt mixture in the bag with the chicken and rub the marinade over the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes – 4 hours. Flip halfway through, making sure to rub the marinade over the chicken again.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and add the sliced lemon and rosemary.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the cover and bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken is golden brown.
Notes: You can also grill this chicken, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) + marinating time
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: gluten free, low carbohydrate, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3 oz cooked
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 188 calories; 4g fat; 1g saturated fat; 8g carbohydrates; 3g sugar; 32g protein; 2g fiber