Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Stew Recipe – 5 Points +
Here’s another great low calorie crock pot recipe that is not only easy, but incredibly yummy and satisfying. With each hearty serving of this Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe for Greek Stew, you get loads of flavor, but it packs on a mere 5 Points + per serving. It’s filled with delicious vegetables and covered in a tangy creamy tomato yogurt sauce with lemon essence that is soooooooo good, I want to smother everything with it! I also love that this dish tastes light and fresh, making a great spring or summer crock pot recipe. If you love Mediterranean flavors, and are looking for an easy weeknight dinner idea, give this delectable dish a try ASAP.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Stew Recipe
One of my delicious and healthy crock pot recipes that the whole family can enjoy, this Crock Pot Greek Chicken Stew is fantastic. Loaded with delectable Mediterranean flavor, but super low in carbohydrates, each large serving has just 5 Points +. Though not an official one of Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes, it’s a great low calorie dish that all calorie counters can enjoy.
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 4-6 thighs)
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 10oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives (not in oil), drained
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set at medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Arrange cauliflower, fennel, onion, olives around the chicken. Then cover with garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook about 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir in yogurt and artichokes and cook for about another 15- 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 – 1 ½ thighs, and about 1 1/4 cup of sauce
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 229 calories; 6g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 5 g fiber