Right now zucchini are in abundance, so I’m always trying new zucchini recipes so we don’t get bored of the same thing. This zucchini slaw was just the thing to have with Asian pork burgers the other night. The key to this, I found, was that it worked better to thinly slice (julienne) the zucchini on each side until I got to the seeds. That way I could use larger zucchinis, but didn’t end up with seeds that tend to ruin the texture of a dish. I julienned the carrots and pepper too so that they were all the same size. It’s a perfect side dish that’s colorful and refreshing in this summer heat.
A bright and colorful side dish that is refreshing and a great way to use fresh summer produce.
- 3 zucchini
- 3 carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Julienne the zucchini on each side until the seeds are reached. Discard the seeds.
- Peel and julienne the carrots.
- Julienne the bell pepper.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- In a bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Combine the salad and dressing in a large bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate until serving, or for at least 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup.
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 90 calories; 5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 3.3g fiber