In the world of Weight Watchers, this 0 Points soup has reached celebrity status. It’s yummy, easy to make, and has ZERO POINTS!!!
As a Weight Watchers member, this soup has been a staple for me. I find it best to make a large batch on the weekend, and then divide into 1 1/2 cup portions (these little plastic Ziploc containers work great for this), and store them in my fridge or freezer.
This way, when I’m busy during the week, I can just whip out one of these babies at a moment’s notice!
A simple and classic vegetable soup that is not only healthy and delicious, but a reliable recipe for helping you stay on track. This popular soup has become a beloved favorite of Weight Watchers members over the years.
- 2/3 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté carrots, onions, and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for around 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Lastly, stir in the zucchini and continue to heat soup for 3-4 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 0 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value