A great alternative to traditional chili recipes, this Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe has a wonderfully unique taste that even the pickiest eater will enjoy!
I first learned of this recipe through my good friend, and fellow Weight Watcher, Janice. She prepares this white bean chili recipe frequently and after hearing about how fabulous it is, I decided to try it myself, and I was blown away! It is such a nice change of pace from the typical chili recipe.
This White Bean Chili also makes a fabulous Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe and it makes great leftovers so it tastes even better the next day for lunch! I prefer to prepare this as a crock pot recipe, and then divide the whole thing up into individual portions and freeze them so I can reheat it in a pinch for a quick and easy meal.
With just 4 Weight Watchers Points per serving and TONS of fiber and protein, this dish also makes a fantastic Momentum Plan Recipe. Each serving is really quite large so it will fill you up and won’t be hungry. And there’s nothing better than feeling full when you are dieting.
So if you are following the Weight Watchers Momentum Plan, or if you are just looking to expand your collection of yummy chili recipes, you are gonna want to give this white bean turkey chili a try, ASAP!
Weight Watchers White Bean Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey (SHOULD BE ABOUT 120 CALORIES PER 4 OZ)
- 2 (4 ounces) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fat free Half & Half
- 2 – 3 cups fat free chicken broth (add as needed if chili is too thick)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions
**OPTIONAL: Top with 1 tbsp of reduced fat sour cream (will not affect overall Points value)
*Note: The White Bean Chili in the picture shows some pomegranate seeds and celery on top of the sour cream for garnish, which is a nice idea! But I used the reduced fat cheese and green onions instead.
- In a large pot over medium heat, or in a crock pot on medium, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned.
- Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cilantro, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, and white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add one can of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot.
- Take the second can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the Half and Half. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- If you are using this as a crock pot recipe, let simmer on low heat for about 2-4 hrs.
- Top each serving with 1/8 cup of reduced fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and 1 tbsp of reduced fat sour cream (optional).
The recipe makes 4 HUGE servings.
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points