This delicious, low calorie Wedding Soup Recipe is a real treat for any Weight Watcher! The serving size is fantastic, and the soup leaves you feeling full and satisfying. It’s full of flavor, texture, and meatballs, and I found it hard to believe that this was a low calorie soup.
So if you are getting a bit tired of eating Weight Watcher 0 Point Vegetable soup over and over again, do yourself a favor and give this Italian Wedding Soup with Meatballs Recipe a try.
Yes, I know it’s not 0 Points, but if you love wedding soup, this 2 Point version is WELL worth it!
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups escarole, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced carrots
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, egg white, bread crumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder; shape into 1/2-inch balls.
- In a large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole, parsley, onion, carrots and meatballs.
- Return soup to boiling and then reduce heat to medium; cook at a slow boil for 15 minutes.
- Soup is done when meatballs float to the top and escarole is wilted.
Entire Recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size = 1 1/2 cups of soup and 5 to 6 meatballs per serving
Each serving = 2 Points