This delicious, low calorie Wedding Soup Recipe is a real treat for any Weight Watcher! The serving size is fantastic, and the soup leaves you feeling full and satisfying. It’s full of flavor, texture, and meatballs, and I found it hard to believe that this was a low calorie soup. So if you are getting a bit tired of eating Weight Watcher 0 Point Vegetable soup over and over again, do your self a favor and give this Italian Wedding Soup with Meatballs Recipe a try. Yes, I know it’s not 0 Points, but if you love wedding soup, this 2 Point version is WELL worth it!
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
– 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
– 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
– 2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
– 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
– 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
– 2 cups escarole, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup sweet onions, thinly sliced
– 1/3 cup sliced carrots
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine turkey, egg white, bread crumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder; shape into 1/2-inch balls.
In a large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole, parsley, onion, carrots and meatballs. Return soup to boiling and then reduce heat to medium; cook at a slow boil for 15 minutes. Soup is done when meatballs float to the top and escarole is wilted.
Entire Recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size = 1 1/2 cups of soup and 5 to 6 meatballs per serving
Each serving = 2 Points