Traditionally, a tomato based cold soup made with raw vegetables, this version calls for roasting or grilling the vegetables first, to add a delicious smoky flavor. Light and refreshing this Roasted Tomato Gazpacho is just 1 Point for a cup and is jam packed with fiber, antioxidants and Vitamin C. It’s so flavorful and satisfying and goes great with your favorite salad or sandwich. The first time I made this, I served it in little cups as an appetizer for a party…and it was a huge hit! This is a super tasty way to get your veggie servings in too. Enjoy!
Roasted Tomato Gazpacho Recipe
Fresh, light and super healthy, this Roasted Tomato Gazpacho is wonderful as an appetizer or a side dish. Each 1 cup serving has just 1 Point, making it a great low calorie soup recipe that tastes decadent.
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup torn day-old whole wheat bread, (crusts removed)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill tomatoes, and bell pepper, turning a few times, until they soften and the skins are blistered and charred in spots, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper to a plastic bag and let it steam until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin; cut the pepper in half and discard the stem and seeds. Place in a blender.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, core and roughly chop. Add the tomatoes, to the blender.
- Add in the cucumber, bread, garlic, vinegar, parsley, cayenne salt and pepper. Blend until mostly smooth. Add oil and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until room temperature or chilled, at least 1 hour.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 64 calories; 3 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber