Stir Fry Vegetables
Delicious, colorful and tender-but-crisp, these vegetables are the perfect side for your dinner tonight.
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup spinach
- Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place the broccoli in the skillet and cook, covered, for about 3 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peas and pepper.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gently stir in the spinach and turn off the heat. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Serve hot, garnished with sesame seeds (if desired).
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup.
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/1 Point
PER SERVING: 105 calories; 1.8g fat; .2g saturated fat; 20.6g carbohydrates; 4.3g sugar; 6g protein; 4.4g fiber