Quick and easy snacks are my favorite. Anytime that I can have a healthy snack ready in less than 5 minutes, I’m happy.
We’ve still got quite a few apples left from my in-laws, so these apple slices with delicious toppings are perfect. The thing I like about these apple slices (other than the fact they look beautiful) is that my toppings are more controlled.
When I just slice an apple and remove the cores, then dip it in peanut butter, I tend to eat a lot more peanut butter than if I spread it on the apple ring like this. I also use powdered peanut butter that I reconstitute. It’s so much lower in fat that it’s worth it for me.
That means I can add a few chocolate chips, raisins, or any other topping I like without going overboard for this. The amount of protein and fiber helps to make this snack something that will last longer than just 20 minutes.
These are simple, delicious, beautiful and nutritious.
PEANUT BUTTER APPLE SLICES
- 2 large apples
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter (reconstituted)
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Using an apple corer or small paring knife, remove the core of the apple.
- Slice the apples into thick rings.
- Spread peanut butter onto the apple slices.
- Top with the chips and nuts.