Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe – 5 Points +
I have a pretty serious obsession with cheese enchiladas. And living in Southern California, I am lucky enough to have access to some of the most AMAZING Mexican food joints around. Though, that is both a blessing and a curse, as the temptation to indulge in such deliciousness can wreak major havoc on my Weight Watchers goals. So, I keep my restaurant indulgences to a minimum, and then try to create low Points versions of my favorite foods at home. One of which is this incredible Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe. I bulked up the enchilada with ricotta, spinach, and a high fiber/low carb tortilla. Of course, these low calorie cheese enchiladas are still topped with enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheeses, but my healthier version is just 5 Points + per serving. I ate one of these Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas with some black beans and my Watermelon and Feta Salad for dinner, and was very satisfied. It is an excellent Weight Watchers Enchiladas Recipe that offers a great way to satisfy your Mexican food craving without blowing your Points budget.
Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
Flavorful, delicious and incredibly satisfying, these spinach and cheese enchiladas are to die for. Full of good for you cheesiness inside, and then smothered in a delicious enchilada sauce. Perfect for satisfying that Mexican food craving in a healthy way.
- 10 high fiber flour tortillas (I used THESE ones from La Tortilla Factory)
- 1 ½ cups chopped frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 28oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, garlic, sour cream, green onions, jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the spinach and cheese mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up, and place seam side down into prepared baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top and cover with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 10
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 10 servings
Serving size is 1 enchilada
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 182 calories; 7g fat; 23g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 9g fiber