Got some leftover chili on hand? Well, here’s an amazing Tamale Pie Recipe that you can use it in to create a super quick, easy and low calorie dinner. Basically, this is a Weight Watchers casserole recipe which consists of layers of polenta, chili, corn salsa and cheese. Um….YUM. Just by layering a few prepared ingredients, you’ll get one tasty casserole that the whole family will love. And this is crazy easy…it took me all of 5 minutes to slice the polenta and layer everything into the casserole dish. Though, I did accidentally slice my polenta a bit too thick, and was short on a few slices to cover the entire top of the casserole (as seen in my photo). But wow, was this GOOD! My whole family loved it, and the leftovers heated up very nicely the next day. So if you are wondering what to do with all that extra chili, try this Tamale pie Recipe! And this man-pleasing recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday too. Enjoy!
Put your leftover chili to good use in this super easy Weight Watchers casserole recipe for tamale pie. Each serving is just 6 Points, and it’s loaded with chili and cheese. Definitely an ideal weeknight dinner recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 16oz log of prepared polenta, cut into 18 slices
- 2 cups prepared low calorie chili (like this)
- 1 cup corn salsa (I used the jarred one from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Layer 9 slices of the polenta on the bottom. Top with the chili, then the corn salsa.
- Layer the remaining 9 polenta slices on top, and then sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Place in oven to bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Garnish with chopped onions, cilantro and/or sour cream, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of the dish (about 4” x 2.5” per piece)
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 234 calories; 5g fat, 34g carbohydrates; 14g protein; 4g fiber