With summer coming to an end soon, it’s time to savor our last days of those delicious and healthy summer fruits. I found this awesome Weight Watchers Baked Stuffed French Toast Recipe and I wanted to share.
I made it just this past Sunday and O M G…..Sooooooooooo delicious! Stuffed French Toast has never tasted so good! The thing I love most is that it’s so decadent…you feel like you’ve just ordered a fancy, gourmet breakfast from some over-priced restaurant.
And of course, with just 4 Weight Watchers Points, it’s a guilt-free breakfast recipe that’ll knock your socks off.
Peach-Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 16 slice light whole wheat bread (I like Sara Lee Delightful Whole Grain)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh, or 1 cup frozen, thawed blueberries
- 1 large peach(es), chopped or 1 cup frozen, thawed peach slices
- 2 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
- 2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange 8 slices of bread in bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, squishing slices together to make one layer; sprinkle blueberries and peaches over top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg substitute, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour half of milk mixture over fruit; top with remaining 8 slices of bread.
- Pour remaining milk mixture over bread; using a spatula, press top layer of bread slices down to saturate with milk mixture.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes; uncover dish and bake until egg mixture is set and top is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Cool slightly before sifting powdered sugar over top. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Makes 8 Servings
Serving Size = 1 slice
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points