Ham & Broccoli Breakfast Muffins
These little muffins are delicious the first morning, and any leftovers you have, just pop them in the freezer for later. Add a piece of fruit for a quick and easy breakfast.
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix (regular or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ham, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, or until it is tender.
- While the broccoli is cooking, mix together the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg.
- Fold in the broccoli, ham and cheese until just combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
Broccoli can be place onto top of the muffins (as shown) instead of folding the broccoli into the batter.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is about 1 muffin
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 131 calories; 7g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrates; 2.1g sugar; 5g protein; 1g fiber