Asian noodles are one of my favorite ways to whip together a quick lunch for myself when there aren’t any leftovers. I love the flavors of the soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil combined with the rich and spicy garlic. My favorite part of these noodles is how easy they are to put together. I used buckwheat noodles in this recipe, but you can use any type of noodle you want. I will frequently use a gluten free spaghetti noodle, because it’s what I have on hand. Add more of your favorite vegetables and even toss in some leftover chicken breast to add more protein to the dish. The dark noodles, bright and cute pepper rings and tender zucchini noodles are perfectly seasoned. It’s a delicious meal that’s ready in no time!
- 8 oz buckwheat noodles
- 8 mini sweet red bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into ribbons
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp soy suace
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- shredded coconut for garnish, optional
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Drain the noodles.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Sauté the zucchini noodles and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles to the pan and the remaining ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 5 Smart Points
<strong>PER SERVING:</strong> 370 calories; 8g fat; 1.4g saturated fat; 63 carbohydrates; 14g sugar; 13g protein; 8g fiber