Minted Potato Salad Recipe with Peas and Cauliflower – 2 Points +
photo credit: clean eating
Can you really ever get tired of trying out new versions of Weight Watchers Potato Salad Recipes? I know I certainly can’t! There’s something about potato salads that I just cannot resist, and I love experimenting with different ways to prepare them. One of my favorite versions, is this Minted Potato salad Recipe with Peas and Cauliflower. The cauliflower and peas help give the dish some extra bulk, while the tangy, creamy minted dressing adds a deliciously unexpected flavor. The colors and textures are beautiful, making this low calorie Potato Salad Recipe a great way to add some pizazz to your summer picnic or barbeque. Enjoy!
Minted Potato Salad Recipe with Peas and Cauliflower
Another delicious twist on a traditional potato salad that is so yummy, it’s hard to believe each serving has just 2 Points +. It makes a perfect, low calorie summer recipe to dress up your summer BBQ or picnic.
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, bring potatoes and cauliflower to a boil and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes, adding in the peas during the last 2 minutes. Drain and let cool a bit. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, wine, mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and cauliflower.
- Add in the chopped mint and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 112 calories; 0 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber