Diet friendly Chinese food recipes are pretty hard to find, so when I find a good one, I LOVE sharing it. I am seriously obsessed with Chinese foods, and I’m always on the lookout to find ways to make Weight Watchers versions of my favorite Chinese dishes.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken Crock Pot Recipe is SO good, and it tastes just as good, if not better than the sweet and sour chicken you get in a Chinese Fast Food Restaurant. And, this crock pot recipe is really good for you too! It’s loaded with protein and fiber to fill you up.
So if you are following the new Weight Watchers Momentum Plan, this is a great Momentum Recipe to add to your collection. I’ve been kinda lazy this week, so I’m really into making Weight Watchers crock pot recipes now…it saves me time and is easy clean up. Plus, the food is oh so yummy!
If you are feeling a Chinese food craving coming on, give this delicious crock pot recipe a try — and hey — if you are looking for a yummy side dish to serve with it, try my Weight Watchers Fried Rice Recipe! Enjoy ;)
Weight Watchers Sweet and Sour Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 5.5 oz (about half of the 11.5 oz jar) Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 oz pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 oz bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables
** If you are feeling ambitious (not lazy), nix the bag of frozen veggies, and cut your own! I used green and red bell peppers, 2 stalks of green onions, broccoli, and some sugar snap peas — SOOOOOO yummy!
- Cut the raw chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
- Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, garlic powder, and onion powder; stir.
- Stir in sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks, brown sugar and the 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Add frozen vegetables during the last 30 minutes of cooking and cook on high.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/4th of the entire recipe
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points