So before it starts to get too warm here in SoCal, I’ve got yet another yummy low calorie crock pot recipe to share!
One of my readers submitted this recipe, and it looked SOOOOOO good, I gave it a try this weekend. YOWSA!! This Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is AMAZING!!! So deliciously flavorful, and incredibly easy to make. Plus, the entire recipe makes 4 servings, and when you divide the entire contents of your crock pot into four, each serving size is pretty darn big! And with each serving having just a 4 Points, this made me incredibly happy :).
This Chicken Cacciatore Recipe also helps you get in a couple of those veggie servings too! It’s actually a very healthy dish. And though it’s not an official one of Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes, it’s a fabulous meal for anyone trying to eat healthier.
Thanks Lorah for sending me this!! It’s an amazing crock pot recipe and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to share it with all of you!
Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
submitted by Lorah
- 1 28oz. can tomatoes, finely chopped and un-drained
- 1 10oz. can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 16oz skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast cut into 4 pieces
- Non-Fat Cooking spray
- In a crock pot container sprayed cooking spray, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato soup, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Stir in mushrooms, green pepper, onion and chicken pieces. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Evenly spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Entire Recipe makes 4 servings
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 204 calories; 4 g fat; 25g protein; 17g carbohydrates; 2g fiber
photo credit: kitchen illiterate