If you want a delicious low calorie salad recipe that’s easy to make and would make a great addition to your Weight Watchers 4th of July Recipes, then you came to the right place today!
This Broccoli Bacon Salad Side Dish Recipe is a wonderful and healthy addition to just about any meal. Instead of the same old boring salads you see at every Fourth of July BBQ, why not live things up with this tasty salad instead?
With each 1 cup serving having just 2 Points, you can serve a delicious dish that everyone will love while still staying on track with your Weight Watchers goals.
And did I mention it has bacon and mayo?!?!!? Yeah….this one is a must try!
Broccoli and Bacon Salad Recipe
For just 2 Points per serving, why not serve this healthy side dish recipe at your summer barbeque this year? Or take it along as Weight Watchers friendly dish to a potluck! Either way, it’s a tasty low calorie salad recipe that everyone will love and will still help keep you from going overboard with your daily Points Allowance.
- 4 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups jicama, chopped into small, bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 slices cooked extra lean turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt plain
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, jicama, onions, bacon, cranberries and pepper; stir to coat with the dressing.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 92 calories; 3 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber