Salad with Tangerine Glazed Salmon
This fresh and colorful salad is topped with a sweet and citrus glazed salmon. It’s a beautiful, nutritious and delicious meal.
- 4 cups lettuce (any kind)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 4 mini yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 salmon fillets (3.5 oz each)
- Tangerine Dressing
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice or nectar
- 4 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a canning jar with lid, or a bowl, combine the dressing ingredients (tangerine juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and pepper). Mix well.
- Brush 1-2 tablespoons of the tangerine dressing on each salmon fillet.
- Cook the salmon fillets until they flake easily. Salmon can be grilled, baked or pan fried.
- While the salmon is cooking, evenly divide the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and mushrooms on two plates.
- Top each salad with a salmon fillet.
- Drizzle on more tangerine dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Use Panera Bread’s Tangerine Honey Dressing instead of the tangerine dressing recipe. One serving has 280 calories, 11.8 g fat, 19 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fiber, and 25 g protein. One serving is 7 Points.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1 salad with 1 salmon fillet.
Each serving = 10 Smart Points/8 Points
PER SERVING: 320 calories; 8g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 36g carbohydrates; 21.6g sugar; 26.5g protein; 3.3g fiber