I’m on a bit of an Asian inspired recipe trend the last few days. I had a delicious Asian meal with beef and broccoli, pineapple fried rice and this really delicious cucumber and carrot salad. This salad is a great way to add flavor, color and texture to your meal. It’s so easy to prepare and is refreshing for the hot summer days. It’s a perfect way to use some of the fresh produce that’s available now, either from your own garden, or from a local market. It makes a wonderful side dish, or can be used as an appetizer for a meal of grilled chicken, pork or fish.
A colorful and refreshing summer salad full of flavor and fiber.
- 1 large English cucumber
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/s tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Use a knife or peeler to shred or peel long strips of the cucumber and carrot.
- Combine in a bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice and cider vinegar, water, sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber and carrot mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve chilled and garnished with sesame seeds.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 2/3 cup.
Each serving = 2 Smart Points/1 Point
PER SERVING: 55 calories; 2g fat; .36g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrates; 3.4g sugar; 1.5g protein; 2g fiber