Berry & Arugula Salad
A colorful salad topped with berries and a delicious sweet but tangy strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette.
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Evenly divide the arugula between 4 large bowls or plates.
- Top with the berries.
- In a blender, combine the water, oil, vinegar, strawberries and honey.
- Puree until smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and drizzle over the salads.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftover vinaigrette in the refrigerator
The vinaigrette recipe serves at 6-8.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups arugula with 1 cups berries and 2 Tbsp dressing.
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 219 calories; 7g fat; 1.9g saturated fat; 30g carbohydrates; 21.7g sugar; 3g protein; 7.4g fiber