Green Bean & Potato Salad
A vibrant, fresh and delicious salad that’s a perfect addition to your next meal.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large pot, bring the potatoes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans for the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the potatoes and green beans and place in a large bowl.
- Add the onion and mint (if using).
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 10
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 10 servings
Serving size is about 2/3 cup.
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/4 Points
PER SERVING: 134 calories; 5.7g fat; .8g saturated fat; 19.6g carbohydrates; 1.8g sugar; 2.6g protein; 2.6g fiber