This past weekend I got to have a really delicious lettuce and cabbage salad. I just had to find the dressing recipe – it was amazing. I got the dressing recipe and had this today for supper. It was really wonderful. The dressing is oriental with rice vinegar and sesame oil. I used leftover roast chicken, since it was already cooked and just had to be chopped up. I also have some dressing leftover, so it’s going to be lunch tomorrow as well. I would definitely let the cabbage sit for a few minutes to soften a bit. I just immediately dug in and by the end of the salad, it was much better. This dressing recipe is really wonderful and will definitely have a permanent place in my fridge!
This salad is wonderful and so easy to make. Precooked chicken breast make it easy to toss together for a quick and healthy lunch.
- Honey Oriental Dressing:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- few drops sesame oil
- For the Salad:
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, cabbages, carrot, green onion, pepper and cucumber in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Evenly divide between two plates.
- Top with the chicken and garnish with sliced almonds and sesame seeds (optional) before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/4 Points
PER SERVING: 201 calories; 4.6g fat; 1g saturated fat; 18.4g carbohydrates; 12.9g sugar; 16.5g protein; 4g fiber