Sweet and savory meatballs with delicious cranberry sauce.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, breadcrumbs, beef, turkey and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Arrange the meatballs in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sauerkraut, chili sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Stir until the sauce is well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs, covered, for 1 hour.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes uncovered. Sauce should be thickened.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is about 4 meatballs.
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 232 calories; 6g fat; 4.3g saturated fat; 26g carbohydrates; 19.3g sugar; 18g protein; 1.4g fiber