Indulging in Chinese fast food has always been a favorite past time of mine, which is one of many reasons why I’m now a Weight Watcher :). But being on the Weight Watchers plan doesn’t mean I have to give up my favorite foods, it just means I have to either A) Eat them sparingly or B) Find healthier, low Points ways of making them. Usually, I choose the latter because that means I get to eat my favorite foods more often. One of my go to healthy recipes that I rely on when I’m craving some Asian Noodles, is this Sesame Noodles with Vegetables. Not only is it fast and easy, but it’s loaded with fiber and is deliciously flavorful, and it’s a great idea to use as a Weight Watchers Vegan Recipe. It also works great served warm or cold, depending on what kind you are in the mood for. The best part is that each 1 3/4 cup serving has just 5 Points! That’s a pretty decent sized serving, and it’s a great way to get your tummy seriously satisfied for just 5 Points. Pair it with this 0 Points Cucumber Salad Recipe for a fabulous, low calorie meal!
Easy Sesame Noodles with Vegetable Recipe
A great healthy Chinese food Recipe that can be prepared quickly and tastes amazing, these low calorie Sesame Noodles is a real treat. Each large serving has just 5 Points, and is a great alternative to traditional fattening Asian Noodle Recipes.
- 6 oz whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 8 oz frozen edamame, shelled
- 2 broccoli crown, chopped into florets
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I recommend the low sodium kind)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. About 3 minutes before it’s done cooking, add in the broccoli, peas, and edamame to the boiling water, and cook until pasta is done and the veggies are tender, but still crisp. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and pasta water.
- Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables, and toss well to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 3/4 cups
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 236 calories; 4 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 13 g fiber